Senior Finance Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Our Finance team works collaboratively to provide broad ranging financial and analytical support to drive excellent performance.
We have an opportunity for an experienced professional to join our Finance Team, as a "Senior Financial Analyst". This role will suit a person who thrives working autonomously in a supportive and high performing team environment. You will be responsible for reporting and forecasting financial performance through the planning cycle to the Corporate Executive teams. It is with this information that will enable the business to implement strategies and deliver leading results. You will work in conjunction with business managers (Corporate and Regional) and their teams to develop and implement strategies to improve finance outcomes and support decision making.
To ensure our insights are fit for purpose, you will be ahead of the game by evolving and developing new ways of capturing financial insights and creating various types of analytical reports. The successful candidate will need to gain an understanding of Transurban, its assets and operational entities as well as centralised services in order to provide analytical support for our Corporate and Regions Business Units.
We are open to considering Full time or part time (min 0.6FTE) arrangements in either Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney locations.
We are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
The impact you will have:
- As part of month-end, you'll analyse monthly management reports for General Managers and consolidated management reports for an Executive audience
- Contribute to the success of the Finance Team by identifying trends and new opportunities to reduce cost and benchmarking operational performance to make great business decisions and understand the meaning behind the numbers
- You'll be involved in the Corporate and Regions budgeting and forecasting process by making it seamless and pain-free for all stakeholders
- Enhancing communication of financial performance to non-finance stakeholders and driving efficiencies and automation of reporting
- Provide timely and accurate data / information to stakeholders outside the financial team
- You'll look for new ways of working, bringing your continuous improvement mindset to everything you do
- Mentoring junior team members providing day to day guidance
The talents you will bring:
- You'll have previous experience in a group role providing analysis to senior leaders - thriving on providing budgeting, forecasting, analysis and reporting to the business
- Strong systems skills are a must - experience with Adaptive Insights will be highly advantageous
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering efficient and value driven financial reporting, Budgets and forecasts
- You understand the big picture, can design process and also understand day-to-day impacts
- You are naturally analytical - you want to provide the best possible information, interrogate the numbers and always want to improve the quality of our analysis
- A natural problem solver and people person, you'll communicate well with colleagues and stakeholders. You won't shy away from complexity - in fact you'll thrive on the challenge
- Juggling multiple priorities at once is your niche, you do this with ease and know how to ensure everyone has everything they need, and on time
- You are naturally inquisitive and enjoy complexity- you want to understand our business and help our stakeholders understand it as well as you do
- Highly developed communication skills - both verbal and written
- Advanced skills in the MS Suite of products with particular reference to Excel
- CPA/CA qualified with a degree in a relevant discipline
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - including remote & flexible working.
- We'll develop you the way you want, with, training and career planning.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support through our EAP and wellness facilities.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities through paid volunteer days.
- We'll offer flexible leave and insurance and salary continuance.
- We'll offer you 16 weeks paid parental leave (no waiting period) and paid domestic and family violence leave.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now.