Senior Internal Communications Advisor
Job Type: Full time
At its heart, Transurban is about connecting people. That's why we're so committed to our communication and engagement program for our employees. You'll share that dedication as you inform change, increase engagement, and communicate our vision, strategy and values with our most important asset, our people!
Sitting within our Corporate Affairs team, the Senior Internal Communications Advisor will deliver employee communications to build pride, trust and drive employee advocacy of Transurban. As the Senior Internal Communications Advisor you'll deliver the internal communications and engagement strategy to ensure that our people feel connected to the Group's vision, strategy, projects, operations and value proposition. You'll create content that empowers and motivates employees to be company advocates.
This is a permanent ongoing opportunity. This role can be done as full-time or part-time as a 4-day week or 9-day fortnight within a Hybrid working environment.
The impact you'll have
- Develop and implement an internal communications strategy that is aligned to the overall Corporate Affairs strategy and broader business objectives, that connects employees to the vision and direction of the group.
- Continuously identify opportunities to enhance employee engagement and knowledge sharing.
- Develop and manage content plans and effective content across key internal communications channels, such as the intranet, business updates and other channels.
- Work with senior leaders to grow communication capabilities by implementing message architecture and brand guidelines, brand journalism, voice of employee and enhanced metrics.
- Partner with Business Leaders to deliver tailored internal communications activities that are capturing upcoming business initiatives and are aligned to broader objectives and strategies.
- Identify and create strategic content that showcases business activities and initiatives.
- Assist with measuring and analysing internal communications results to inform an improve current and future communications plans, strategies and tactics that enhances value and efficiency.
The talents you'll bring
- Exceptional experience within internal communications. Ideally, you'll be experienced in increasing employee engagement through communications activities.
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills, including the ability to manage and produce high quality written material for a wide range of audiences.
- You have well-developed interpersonal skills with an emphasis on leadership, stakeholder management and the ability to influence.
- Skills in advanced planning, project management, time management, problem solving and decision making.
- Strong understanding and ability to create and use message architecture.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to work towards strict deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and the flexibility to work across different areas as needed.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll provide you with a workplace that is safe, respectful and inclusive, as our commitment to belonging and wellbeing is core to who we are.
- We are growing and want our people to grow with us. We will work with you to enable your career goals with access to learning opportunities and support to grow in your role and beyond.
- Generous leave options that you're eligible for from day 1.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities.
Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!