Senior Project Manager - Data Governance
Job Type: Full time
Working at Transurban is different; it's a place where you can see the benefits of your work play out in real life, every day. We create city-sized solutions-building and operating safer, smarter, and more sustainable roads-to solve pressing transport challenges that are slowing cities down.
About the role
As a Senior Project Manager within Customer and Technology, you'll oversee all aspects of a project from Initiation through to Service Introduction. These initiatives will target high value use cases that deliver business value and can be expected to range from six months to multiple years.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Be responsible for the ongoing effectiveness of the Data Governance workstream
- Be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered according to the objectives, timeline and budget set out by the Steering Committee, the Customer & Technology Leadership team, and the EPMO Governance Framework
- Have end-to-end management of all project phases including requirements analysis, solution design, development, systems testing, training, and implementation
- Provide leadership, support, and effectively manage project team structures and resources to achieve a timely delivery of project activities
- Identify, document, assess, and manage risks, issues, and dependencies impacting the project
- Build strong working relationships, foster a collaborative team environment, and ensure everyone has the information they need through the development and execution of effective communication strategies
This role will suit someone with a curious mind and transferrable skills and experiences, including:
- Strong data background (data governance, cataloguing, modelling and risk)
- Extensive experience preparing for and chairing Project Steering Committee meetings
- Excellent communication, decision making, influencing, and facilitation skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Engineering, ICT) and / or industry certification (PRINCE2, PMBOK, AIPM, Agile, Scrum) desired although not necessarily required
- A willingness to learn - as our business grows, we want you to grow with us!
If you meet some of these requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
With a career at Transurban, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including the option to purchase an additional six weeks of leave each year
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (regardless of gender or carer status), with no waiting period, with Superannuation paid during unpaid leave as well
- Learning and development opportunities to support your career interests Health and wellbeing support-access to Headspace and our EAP program, wellness facilities, and more Share offers and insurance benefits
- Social activities, community give-back programs and paid volunteer days
We offer a range of flexible working and leave options, so you can balance your work and life commitments and interests. Have a conversation with us about how this could work for you.
We embrace diversity with a foundation of safety, wellbeing and inclusion; where everyone belongs. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, gender identity, marital or family status, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, cultural or socio-economic background, perspective, and experience - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe to express ideas, questions and concerns.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people living with disability. If you require any adjustments or support during the recruitment process, please contact us on
Ready to help us keep cities moving? Apply today.