Job Type: Full time
The Rozelle Interchange and Iron Cove Link will provide a new underground motorway interchange to City West Link and provide an underground bypass of Victoria Road between the Iron Cove Bridge and the ANZAC Bridge, with links to the approved Western Harbour Tunnel. The contractor on this stage is John Holland and CPB Contractors Joint Venture. This stage is being managed by Transport for NSW and is planned to be handed to WestConnex at opening.
The role will be responsible for l project delivery related commercial aspects of the Stage 3B Rozelle Interchange project, including managing all contract administration, change of scope, claims, risk identification and management, liaison and reporting internally to stakeholders.
As the Commercial Lead you will play a pivotal role on this iconic project. Your role will see you be responsible for project delivery related commercial aspects of the Stage 3B Rozelle Interchange project, including managing all contract administration, change of scope, claims, risk identification and management, liaison and reporting internally to stakeholders. As the Commercial Lead you will also mentor and lead a small team of Commercial professionals providing guidance and development throughout the course of the project. This role will be based out of our offices in Sydney's CBD and St Peters.
The impact you'll have:
- Commercial advice - You will provide sound commercial advice ensuring regular monitoring of contractual compliance requirements to ensure adherence and conformance of contract delivery requirements and terms across the project delivery
- Proactively managing risk management to ensure contract claims are adequately mitigated before they are escalated
- Contract Compliance - Ensure that contract ramifications are understood with the application of a commercial lens to ensure that commercial outcomes that are best for business are achieved
- Risk Management - Identifying and anticipating current and potential risks and develop mitigation strategies
- A strong collaborator - developing, maintaining and fostering relationships, processes and accountabilities with Transurban Corporate Service Providers
- Financial Reporting - Develop reports and presentations to internal stakeholders on Rozelle project commercial matters as required
The talents you'll bring:
- Experience - Strong experience as a Senior Commercial Manager/Lead with experience having worked on a Major Projects for private or government sector (ideally within transport infrastructure)
- Ability to understand complex commercial contracts and interpret and apply legislation for effective business outcomes
- A natural relationship-builder and communicator, who can engage, influence and collaborate effectively and tactfully in challenging circumstances with managing complex commercial contracts Ability to understand complex commercial contracts and interpret and apply legislation for effective business outcomes
- You bring a sound understanding of supplier contracts and have the initiative to seek timely advice on technical and operational perspectives from both internal and external sources
- Proven people leadership and team management skills
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!