Job Type: Full time
Working at Transurban is different; it's a place where you can see the benefits of your work play out in real life, every day. We create city-sized solutions-building and operating safer, smarter, and more sustainable roads-to solve pressing transport challenges that are slowing cities down.
About the role
We're seeking an ITS Engineer to play a pivotal role in the lifecycle management and delivery of Transport Technology solutions within Transurban's NSW network of assets.
You'll join an innovative team that together, develop the brightest ideas and most inspired engineering into safer, more efficient, and more sustainable Transport Technology solutions. This team makes our roads talk. They build advanced control systems that monitor and manage traffic on the road - that can predict when an accident is more likely to happen. They make toll collections easy and electronic. They make roads ready for driverless cars.
As our ITS Engineer, you'll contribute to lasting and positive changes that shape the future of our cities and communities. It's meaningful, challenging and exciting work.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Assist to develop mission-critical engineering specifications, designs and solutions for tunnels and open roads.
- Ensure our roads are ready for what's next, investigating performance, supportability and obsolescence as well as system enhancement.
- Be a technical expert, partnering with project leads and advising on everything from governance and policy to tender negotiations.
- Build relationships that matter, connecting with people both within Transurban and externally, in Australia and internationally.
- Analyse reports as well as write them, making recommendations that mitigate risks, drive growth, cut costs or improve delivery.
- Never stop improving, keeping up to date with emerging technology and our own knowledge base - think cyber security, cloud, and data analytics.
This role will suit someone with a curious mind and transferrable skills and experiences, including:
- Degree-qualified, you'll have at least five years' experience and a hands-on understanding of ITS engineering, or a similar discipline.
- Whatever your background - transport, infrastructure, defence, telecommunications, mining, rail, the energy sector - you'll know how to deliver successfully and collaboratively in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- You'll be an influential presenter and credible communicator, using a variety of communications styles to inform, engage, and drive action.
- You'll balance engineering rigour with people focus, so you'll know all about systems engineering and technical solutions but appreciate the importance and value of stakeholder engagement and clear communication.
- Analytical and incisive, you'll spot issues and use your own ingenuity - and that of your team - to solve problems collaboratively.
- You'll bring a passion for innovation and continuous improvement.
If you meet some of these requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
With a career at Transurban, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including the option to purchase an additional six weeks of leave each year
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (regardless of gender or carer status), with no waiting period, with Superannuation paid during unpaid leave as well
- Learning and development opportunities to support your career interests
- Health and wellbeing support-access to Headspace and our EAP program, wellness facilities, and more
- Share offers and insurance benefits
- Social activities, community give-back programs and paid volunteer days
We offer a range of flexible working and leave options, so you can balance your work and life commitments and interests. Have a conversation with us about how this could work for you.
We embrace diversity with a foundation of safety, wellbeing and inclusion; where everyone belongs. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, gender identity, marital or family status, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, cultural or socio-economic background, perspective, and experience - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe to express ideas, questions and concerns.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people living with disability. If you require any adjustments or support during the recruitment process, please contact us on .
Ready to help us keep cities moving? Apply today.