Senior Project Manager
Job Type: Contract/temp
Working at Transurban is different; it's a place where you can see the benefits of your work play out in real life, every day. We create city-sized solutions-building and operating safer, smarter, and more sustainable roads-to solve pressing transport challenges that are slowing cities down.
About the role
We're seeking a Senior Project Manager to oversee all aspects of a project from planning to execution through to implementation and transition.
You'll join an innovative team, who have a desire to improve their operational efficiency through the adoption of agile skills which you support the fruition of that desire.
As our Senior Project Manager, you'll contribute to lasting and positive changes that shape the future of our cities and communities. It's meaningful, challenging and exciting work.
This is a 6-month contract role, based in Melbourne.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop full scale project management plans including project timelines, milestones, resource needs using appropriate project management tools to deliver effective results
- Support the upskilling of the BAU teams to understand and adopt agile techniques and ceremonies as they receive and deliver support and enhancement work packages from the business
- Provide leadership, daily support and guidance to project team members to foster a collaborative team environment
This role will suit someone with a curious mind and transferrable skills and experiences, including:
- A lateral thinker in order to effectively challenge the current business model
- Applied knowledge of Project Management applications such as Jira, MS Project, Visio, financial tracking tools
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage stakeholders and to facilitate meetings/workshops as necessary to achieve business objective
- Experience with ERP solutions and integrating systems (Workday experience highly regarded)
- Experience working in a cross functional delivery team environment
If you meet some of these requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
With a career at Transurban, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A range of flexible working options
- Learning and development opportunities to support your career interests
- Health and wellbeing support-access to Headspace and EAP program, wellness facilities, and more
- Through our contingent partner, you will have access to novated car leases and a contractor benefits program
We offer a range of flexible working options, so you can balance your work and life commitments and interests. Have a conversation with us about how this could work for you.
We embrace diversity with a foundation of safety, wellbeing and inclusion; where everyone belongs. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, gender identity, marital or family status, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, cultural or socio-economic background, perspective, and experience - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe to express ideas, questions and concerns.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people living with disability. If you require any adjustments or support during the recruitment process, please contact us on
Ready to help us keep cities moving? Apply today.