Corporate Quality Manager
Location: Multiple Locations
Job Type: Full time
Lead Quality Management
Help us position quality management as a core deliverable at UGL.
We are national engineering and contracting company working across many industry sectors delivering high value engineering and construction projects for a wide range of clients. Our pipeline of work is excellent.
We are looking for a quality management professional to join our corporate HSEQ team to lead a transformation strategy to drive our focus on quality outcomes for our clients. Our strategy covers improving quality performance data capture and reporting, ensuring our delivery teams have leading practice systems and tools and driving a focus on improvement.
The person we are looking for is able to lead strategy and system development, deliver assurance and performance reporting and provide operational support across four lines of business. Industry sectors covered by this national role include new energy, power and water utilities, rail technology systems and transport infrastructure projects. (For information on the industry sectors we cover, please visit\: https\://www.ugllimited.com/en/our-sectors/power).
About the role
This is a full time permanent opportunity for a Corporate Quality Manager to join the UGL corporate HSEQ team. The role can be based out of our North Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne office.
The role of Corporate Quality Manager at UGL is a complex one. The primary objective of this role is to raise the profile of quality management within UGL’s Projects Division through the application of our quality management processes, planning to achieve customer requirements and analysis and reporting of quality performance.
You will be working in a team of enthusiastic HSEQ professionals who provide strategy, systems and support for operational HSEQ teams across our capital city offices and project sites. You will be working with operational managers to support the establishment of quality management processes and identify opportunities for both operational performance improvement and system effectiveness.
- Lead the development and implementation of a culture of governance, assurance, and continual improvement and assess and report on system performance and review of system effectiveness
- Collaborate with senior management and site personnel to align project delivery with customer expectations and UGL management system requirements
- Maintain systems and practices for the continuing certification to the ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and AS4801 Standards
- Engage with business leaders and managers on all elements of quality performance and trends against set objectives and targets
- Plan and conduct a program of system assurance audits focused on operational risk
- Support development of tender proposals and mobilisation of new projects
- Significant experience in a similar senior Quality Manager role with corporate and operational experience, quality assurance and risk management
- Experience managing quality systems across multiple lines of business and site locations, ideally within Transmission Lines, Utilities, Renewables or Transport/Infrastructure industries
- Adept at analysing and reporting on performance data
What we offer
- Ongoing training for career progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- A competitive remuneration package
- Complimentary salary continuance insurance, counselling services for employees and their families and a rewarding wellness program
- Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel more
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.