Job Type: Full time
A bout the role
UGL Unipart Rail Services Pty Ltd (UGL Unipart ) was founded in December 2011 as a Joint Venture between UGL (Australia) and Unipart Rail (UK). UGL Unipart operates a Rail Maintenance Facility at Auburn where it maintains rolling stock for Sydney Trains, Transport for New South Wales and other rail operators.
About the Role
UGL Unipart is currently looking for a Rotables Manager to join the supply chain team at the maintenance facility in Auburn, NSW.
The role of Rotables Manager is to continuously review, improve and maintain rotable management processes across all stakeholder groups to meet operational and maintenance requirements. This includes analysing L3C car plan, depot MPM & forecast data, managing systems, monitoring status, supplier interface, managing exceptions and expectations of both internal and external stakeholders and ensuring constraints are proactively identified and mitigated.
- Relevant Trade qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical disciplines or five years of experience in Supply Chain/Procurement functions and processes
- Relevant management and supervisory experience, with a sound understanding of budgetary, cost control and performance management activities
- High Proficiency skills in computers i.e., Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience in modern warehouse processes, and familiarity with MRP/ERP systems with strong data review and analytical skills
- Good understanding of ISO9001 Quality Management System Requirements
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred or other asset management systems
- Understanding or experience with The Unipart Way, Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen or similar improvement methodologies
- Experienced gained in the rail, automotive, military, defence, avionics, or any other safety-critical environment.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature-aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.