Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Full time
OVERVIEW ABOUT UGL
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction, and maintenance services within, rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, telecommunications, and water and defense markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies, government agencies, private enterprises, and public institutions.
- Currently $10.5billion work in hand to deliver.
- Major Infrastructure projects across Transport, New Energy & Utilities.
- Locations across all the major states, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
Due to our ever-growing portfolio of national projects within our Transport, Utilities, and New Energy businesses we are opening opportunities for experienced and highly skilled professionals and disciplined Engineers to the international market.
To learn more about why you should consider relocating to Australia with UGL; visit the below link\: https\://www.ugllimited.com/en/international
ABOUT THE POSITION ON OFFER
You will be responsible for estimating and monitoring construction costs for the project.
Your duties and responsibilities will include\:
- Prepare cost estimates and technical proposals for tender submissions within the scope of appropriate drawings, specifications, quantities, and cost data.
- Manage construction costs from feasibility through, to delivery
- Prepare a detailed Bill of Quantities for the required works
- Complete set tasks and achieve job targets within designated time frames
- Forecast the financial management
- Review tender documentation and derive a thorough understanding of the client’s requirements.
Your skills and experience\:
- Strong experience managing projects worth more than $100M from pre-contract stage to delivery.
- A strong, financial, and commercial acumen is also a must and will assist you in the accurate preparation of cost plans, as well as in identifying new project opportunities and ensuring a high success rate of team bids
- Financial mathematical ability
- Excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and professionalism
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join UGL, you will join an 8,000-plus strong organization owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors where you will gain exposure to a diverse range of opportunities, which include\:
- The opportunity to work with a team that focuses on personal development & further training
- Exposure to a diverse range of projects
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including a health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- Flexible work arrangements and a culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
Our team works hard and celebrates successes and efforts through our monthly reward and recognition scheme. If you are looking for a bright future and an opportunity to grow your career, then join UGL – a great place to work!