Field Manager - Expression of Interest
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Field Manager will be given the responsibility to lead, develop & manage the Field Services workforce to deliver our contractual outcomes across our varied program(s) of work to achieve optimum production and cost outcomes through the management of direct labour and subcontractors in a healthy and safe work environment.
This role is open to candidates based in NSW and Queensland. There is a lot of travel required, including interstate as the role would cover NSW/QLD and NT as a minimum and sometimes WA and SA.
What’s on offer
- A workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options
- Personalised career growth with a suite of wellness initiatives and benefits
Ventia has also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing, and much more.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide leadership to the Field Services workforce
- Providing high quality reporting across the services to ensure consistent and timely information
- Actively monitor and manage the performance of the Field Services workforce to maintain high levels of quality, safety and utilisation, and overall effectiveness.
- Implement field service improvement initiatives and promote a culture of continuous improvement with all service teams
- Support training and development plans for field staff
- Develop sound knowledge of the company’s processes, policies and standards
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyse issues and risks in a proactive manner, and to implement solutions with tact and discretion
- Site management and attendance if required for field service works
To be successful in your application your experience will ideally include:
- Experience in working in the telecommunications network and equipment knowledge
- Maintenance and/or installation of new or refurbished telecommunications equipment will be highly regarded
- Experience managing field workforce teams (Internal and Contractors)
- Availability to undertake some work outside traditional business hours and the capability to travel
- Proficient in utilising Mobile Phone applications, Client Specific Software, and have good computer skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently
You will also have:
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Electrical or Telecommunications Trade Qualifications
- Valid White Card
- Flexibility with working hours and availability to attend call outs as required
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Be physically fit, motivated and have an eye for detail
- Vaccinated against Covid-19
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely, and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, and to express your interest, please apply below by clicking on the apply.