Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Be part of a stable, long-term business that supports essential and critical infrastructure in the community.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In this role you will be working across multiple civil construction and transport infrastructure maintenance projects in the $1m-$5m range. As well as producing accurate estimates, you will also be involved in the delivery and management of projects on site. The variety of activities and exposure to all stages of the project lifecycle will make this an interesting and stimulating role.
The main objective of the successful candidate is to produce winning estimates for operations & maintenance and construction projects. You will work closely with management and operations to create innovative proposals and shape commercial propositions that align with our clients’ business objectives. You will contribute to the development of ‘winning’ pricing strategies in response to proposals and ensure that estimating processes and procedures are kept up to date. You will identify and negotiate with suitable subcontractors and suppliers, and build sustainable working relationships with them. You will have the opportunity to participate in client discussions to clarify aspects of tenders and visit sites if necessary.
Auckland location, the estimating team delivers estimating services to Ventia’s Transport Infrastructure business in the North Island. The team will also have the versatility to contribute to other business areas as required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an estimating role
- A background in operations or project delivery focused roles in the transport sector
- Local market knowledge and a network of relevant subcontractors
- Previous employment with a contractor - tier 3 and above is an advantage
- Significant experience in estimating first principal projects
- Tertiary qualified in Civil Engineering or another relevant qualification
- A proven track record in producing winning estimates for different types of contract model including lump sum, schedule of rates, reimbursable etc.
- Willingness to travel as required
Ventia is one of New Zealand’s leading infrastructure services companies. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have experience in Construction, Roading, or Transport Infrastructure, we would like to hear from you!
Apply online today by clicking on the “Apply” button found on this page.
Short-listed candidates will need to fill out an online medical questionnaire as well as complete a Ministry of Justice check.