Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
At Ventia, we're proud to manage council assets including parks, libraries and public pools in the North Shore of Auckland. We contract to Auckland Council for street cleaning services such as collecting litter, road sweeping, removing graffiti, water blasting, pavement cleaning and more!
We're looking for energetic team members to join our Auckland Council Sanitation & Waste team on a permanent basis.
This will be for either the morning shift which will be from 5:00am – 1:30pm or the afternoon shift which will be from 1:30pm - 10:00pm.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for several key activities including:
- Use plant, vehicles and equipment to transport all waste to authorised locations
- Compactor driving, water blasting and cleaning and washing assets using water blasters and gum removal equipment
- General maintenance of the Auckland Council areas e.g. highway sweeping, clearing of leaves and litter, and graffiti, and emptying of litter bins.
You will be energetic, motivated and have a genuine belief in excellent customer service with a "can do" attitude as well as be able to work independently and safely
A full NZ class 1 drivers licence is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's well-being.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the apply link button found on this page
Short-listed candidates must be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical, which includes a drug and alcohol test and a Ministry of Justice check.