Supervisor - Optic Fibre
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Enjoy the benefits of working with a tier one services business
- Great team environment with excellent support network
- Full-time position based in Kingsgrove, with requirements to travel
About the role
The Field Supervisor’s primary purpose is to achieve the optimum production and cost outcomes through the management of direct labour and sub-contractors in a healthy and safe work environment.
This role will contribute to the delivery of project on time and within the budget and ensure that relevant stakeholders’ requirements are met by building and maintaining productive internal and external relationships.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensuring all staff and contractors are appropriately trained and inducted into the company’s Safety, Health and Environmental standards
- Continuously oversee work, analyse production methods and production performance
- Monitoring performance and re-assessing efficiency and quality
- Assessing activities, ensuring a balance between cost and production
- Analysing tasks and selecting appropriate resources in conjunction with the Project or Construction Manager
- Continuously seeking methods to improve and streamline operations
- Monitoring the workforce’s performance to ensure project plans and milestones are met
- Planning and scheduling own and team’s work to meet required timelines and outputs
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Communicating with clients and team members on a regular basis on progress and issues
- Assist with tender submissions when required
What’s on offer
- A workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options
- Personalised career growth with a suite of wellness initiatives and benefits
Ventia has also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing, and much more.
- Experience in similar position within the telecommunications and civil construction industry
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Understanding of the Optical Fibre Network
- Relevant experience in managing subcontractors in construction site environment.
- Strong knowledge of client standards around civil construction
- Must be willing to travel and work on a roster when required
- Computer skills (excel, word, power point, etc.)
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely, and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 148826