Excavator/ Machine Operator
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Enjoy training provided, we can help get your, Class 2, 4, or 5 Licences!
- Join a high-performing and growing crew where you can make your stamp!
- Create your own great work culture in a steadily growing business that builds new crews as new projects come!
Work with Ventia as an Excavator/ Machine Operator for our Construction team based in Auckland!
What’s in it for me?
- Ventia takes our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s well-being.
- Competitive hourly rate with overtime pay after 45 hours!
- Experience career progression and development through training opportunities
- Stable, full-time, permanent employment
- Stable, ongoing work that is classed as essential
- Supportive team environment with a “Safe for life” culture
Enjoy a role with a lot of variety and roles where you can experience career progression. For good performers, you may enjoy the path of becoming a foreman or running your own construction crew or transition into supervisory roles.
About the Role
In this role, you will be key to helping make our roads safe. This will be a full-time permanent role with a minimum of 40 hours a week with a pay range from $25- 32 per hour. You will be working with the crew operating the machines to support Ventia’s Safety Construction Projects and Upgrades around Auckland. This can include works on kerb & channel and cesspits, intersections, footpaths, and other construction duties required for the project.
To be successful in this role, you will be motivated, and willing to work hard to ensure your own personal growth and the development of the team. For someone with a great work attitude, there are lots of opportunities to move up the ranks as you grow and learn constantly within our large Transport NZ business!
- WTR endorsements (Wheels Tracks Rollers)
- Current full NZ Driver's License
- Proven plant operating experience in road maintenance or civil construction
- Be physically fit and enjoy working outdoors
- Able to work unsupervised but also operate as a team member
- Strong commitment to all Health and Safety practices
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
There is a strong focus on meeting client expectations and providing high levels of customer service. You will need to have good communication skills, and a desire to go the extra mile.
Click on the APPLY NOW button found on this page. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check.