Cleaning Area Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
With sites based throughout the Newcastle and Hunter region, reporting to the Regional Operations Manager you will be responsible of the supervision, training, and development of approx. 80-100 employees across 40 – 50 sites. We are currently seeking someone to join our team on a permanent ongoing basis. The suitable applicant must have previous supervisory experience, excellent time management and strong communication skills.
The role will involve frequent travel throughout a suitable geographical region in Newcastle or Port Stephens area and requires the successful applicant to have the flexibility to work split shifts (4am starts, 6pm finishes), depending on operational requirements.
Key duties will include:
- Quality inspections of sites, client meetings and payroll.
- Managing an efficient roster of fulltime, part-time and casual employees.
- Promoting and monitoring safe work practices.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with your staff, the client, management team and internal staff.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably in a facilities management and/ or cleaning environment preferred but is not essential.
- Previous cleaning experience would be an advantage, but is not a prerequisite
- The ability to trouble shoot and problem solve on your feet
- The ability to lead, motive and influence your staff members to deliver excellent results
As part of the recruitment process you will need to successfully pass a police clearance and working with children check, a pre-employment medical which includes a functional assessment.
In return, this position offers a competitive salary package, including a company vehicle and a supportive work environment.
To apply for this please submit your resume and cover letter (maximum 2 pages) online by clicking the apply now button on this page.
At Ventia we value our people and provide a range of benefits to help you look after yourself and your family as you build a rewarding career with us.