Cleaner - Hawkesbury
Location: Hawkesbury City Council
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
We are seeking cleaning staff who are willing to go the extra mile for NSW Schools to provide a clean and safe environment for our children, teachers, and communities within the Hawkesbury region – Bligh Park, Londonderry, Colo, Freemans Reach, Kurrajong, Macdonald Valley, Maroota, Richmond, Windsor, Mount Tomah, Wisemans Ferry and surrounding suburbs. Please note we require you to have 5 days availability across Monday to Friday.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Cleaning Supervisor, you will provide high quality Cleaning Services to the Public Schools, TAFE Colleges, and Government Buildings. The suitable applicant must have a current driver’s license and reliable transport. They must also be able to pass a National Police Check, Pre-Employment Medical (including drug & alcohol testing), and obtain a paid Working with Children Check, prior to commencement.
We offer work-life balance by giving you the choice of the following shifts:
- Permanent, 8 hour, positions available for split shifts (Full time basis, 5am – 9am and 2 pm – 6pm)
- Early morning shift: 5am - 9am (Casual or permanent part- time basis)
- Afternoon shift: 2pm - 6pm (Casual or permanent part- time basis)
- Cleaning of all touch points (taps, bubblers, handrails, door handles, bathrooms etc)
- Mopping, sweeping, dusting, and vacuuming
- Maintenance of stock supplies and orders
- Duties will change as per the shift you are available for
Skills & Experience:
- Good communication and time management skills
- An eye for detail and proactive approach
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- No experience necessary
What’s in it for you? Ventia can offer:
- Up to 6 weeks leave entitlements for those working full time (Split shifts)
- Certificate III in cleaning services available for eligible employees
- Internal career development
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- Onsite training provided by qualified trainers
- Secure ongoing employment
- Uniforms and PPE provided
Ventia is one of the largest essential services providers in Australia and New Zealand. Through our long-term relationship with the Department of Education and Communities and Public Works, Ventia has been successfully delivering on one of the largest contracts in our Australian division. We provide facilities management and cleaning services to Public Schools, TAFE Colleges and Government Buildings in the Hunter, Central Coast and Western/Northern Sydney regions.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
Position Reference Number: 144628