Environmental Services Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australia Defence Force, we are seeking an Environmental Services Supervisor to join us on a full-time basis at Anglesea Barracks defence base in Hobart, Tasmania.
The primary purpose of the role is to coordinate site-based Land Management (Grounds Maintenance, Pest and Vermin and Training and Range) activities.
As a key part of the EMOS team, the Environmental Services Supervisor will also be expected to oversee elements of the Base environmental management programs, which include weed management, fire management, feral animal management, overabundant species management, and monitoring programs.
The role is responsible for Land Management activities across all sites in Base Tasmania, including remote sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement plans and procedures to support delivery of land management (grounds maintenance) services
- Providing technical oversight of environmental and grounds maintenance works as required under the EMOS contract with the Department of Defence
- Developing and updating management plans and reporting systems for environmental works delivery
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with Defence, subcontractors, and other stakeholders
- Participating in assurance and compliance activities and implementing improvement actions
Skills and Experience:
- Qualifications in horticulture or relevant years of experience
- Qualifications in environmental science or related experience
- Experience in the environmental, grounds maintenance
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound problem solving, organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated written communication and IT skills
- Demonstrated ability to prepare environmental plans and report
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check and Medical Pre-Employment Checks as required by the contract.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 149366