Location: Port Kembla
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Your chance to join a friendly and inclusive team, while working in a dynamic industry.
- Opportunity to enjoy a coastal lifestyle of Wollongong, while working on our clients’ sites.
Ventia is built on over 100 years of combined knowledge, understanding and experience in providing essential services. We have a proud and shared heritage. We put safety first, deliver for our clients, champion diversity and find sustainable solutions that better our communities.
Based in the Illawarra and working in our Project Services team, an opportunity becomes available for a Supervisor to join our team.
About the role
We consider our supervisors the key to getting the best safety and performance outcomes from our work force. They are integral to maintaining and improving our delivery reputation with customers, and delivering business returns per expectations. The role requires ongoing prioritisation to ensure we keep yesterday’s, today’s and tomorrow’s stakeholders happy. There is also the need to assess, manage and control budgets, variations, safety and environmental risk, sub-contractors, materials, quality and industrial relations, all while getting the best out of people.
What you’ll be doing
- Review of work scope with the Operations Manager, estimator, labour coordinator and others, with a view to preparing safe and efficient execution of assigned works
- Attend site inspections as required;
- Conduct daily pre-start toolbox meetings, creating discussion on relevant incidents, safety issues and work-related matters.
- Attend and/or deliver the weekly Safety Toolbox Presentation roll out to employees.
- Coach and mentor employees in the writing of JSEAs for each task. Actively participate in the writing of JSEAs with work teams.
- Maintain and actively promote, within the team, a high standard of workmanship and quality
- Report any incidents, accidents or near misses to management immediately in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Monitor and inspect worksites, ensuring safety and quality standards are consistently upheld in work practices, employee behaviours and housekeeping
- Ensure that all Plant and Equipment has been inspected and current. Tag out all plant and equipment that is faulty or inspection date is overdue.
- Manage site subcontractors when required
- Have a sound knowledge of the QA system and its requirements
- High level of skill and experience in Maintenance and Construction Activities.
- Experience in mechanical and structural works.
- Able to lead teams
- Tertiary and / or Trade qualifications in an applicable discipline (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of construction, project delivery, cost control and schedule principles and practices.
- Basic Computer Skills
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you have the appropriate level of skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
To register your interest, please submit your application via the "APPLY" button below. Closing date for all applications will be Sunday, 18 December 2022.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 145692