Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Ventia are seeking an experienced hydrographer / Senior Hydrographer to join our environmental team based in Tatura, Northern Victoria.
We are on the lookout for applicants at a senior level, to manage hydrographic monitoring & site maintenance, as well as providing leadership to field staff.
We are happy to accomodate relocation for any metro based applicants, and are keen to discuss this exciting opportuntiy with you!
- Observe ongoing site requirements through visitation to locations across Northern VIC and Southern NSW
- Undertake water quality sample collection and analysis, and ensure gathered data meets standards
- Actively manage new monitoring installations as well as ongoing maintenance needs at respective sites
- Monitor performance and provide mentoring for field staff
- Process, register and QA surface & groundwater information, discharge measurements and water quality results
- Reporting scheduled works and working under direction of the Area Hydrographer
- Qualification in water operations course or similar, additional science or environmental studies desirable
- Approximately 4+ years of experience in a similar position
- Well-developed planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with Hydstra, Microsoft Windows and the Office suite
- The ability to work unsupervised, and ability to travel/work away from home ad hoc
- Experience with the following instrumentation highly desirable:
- Telemetry units (Cell, Satellite, Radio and landline Modems) and
- Environmental monitoring sensors (Water level, EC/DO/TURB/pH, Ultrasonics)
- Experience in the installation of monitoring sites and the tools used
- Electronics and instrumentation aptitude and fault-finding ability
- Physically fit, can swim, with a desire for working outdoors
- A current Australian Drivers Licence – an additional boat licence is also desirable
What We Offer You
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter
- Exceptional salary package on offer
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 148820