Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Are you sick of working 6-7 days a week, with little time for work life balance? We are looking for field-based Electricians to join our team working on an equal time 2 weeks on: 2 weeks off roster. Part of your role will be to support one of Australia’s largest Oil & Gas Workover and Drilling companies. You will report directly to the Electrical Superintendent & Maintenance Manager and liaise with Operations and Field staff to ensure the seamless operation of its rig fleet. You will be responsible for performing preventative and reactive maintenance to our rigs and associated equipment. This is a roaming position throughout Southeast Queensland requiring someone who can self-manage and prioritise well. Point of hire will be Toowoomba.
You would experience what it is like to be part of a company that cares about its people, with:
- True work-life balance with the ability to relax and focus on your loved ones and hobbies in your time off
- Time to switch off in your down time
- Courses paid for by Ventia (Industry Safety Induction & 4WD Course)
- Travel to various beautiful locations in the bush throughout Queensland and Australia
- A supportive and family-oriented company
- Consistent Work on an even time lifestyle roster
- Exceptional safety records, standards and practices
- Work with leading contracts in the industry with long term opportunities
- Access to a variety of health and wellbeing initiatives including discounted health insurance
Requirements for the role
This role is ideally suited to someone from a heavy industry background with experience troubleshooting automated equipment. The candidate will demonstrate the following key aspects:
- Be a Trade Certified and Licenced Electrician
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety and contribute to an injury free environment through compliance with company policy and procedures
- Has a sound understanding of SCADA and PLC systems and associated ancillary software
- Previous experience with MEX maintenance software a benefit but not essential
- Have Heavy Industrial Industry post trade electrical trade experience
About the company
As one of Australia's largest providers to the Oil & Gas sector, Ventia has been a trusted partner to the oil and gas sector for over 60 years. Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They are the spirit behind every action and intention here at Ventia, helping us to create a workplace where everyone can thrive. No matter what someone's role is, where they are based or what their goals are, our values act as a universal guide to help our teams do the best work of their life at Venita.
- Collaboration - We achieve more together
- Integrity - We do what's right
- Challenge - We drive to deliver
- Ingenuity - We create better ways
Ventia supports employment of people in the local community and encourages applicants to apply from Toowoomba and its surrounding regional areas such as Roma, Dalby, Chinchilla, Biloela & Woorabinda.
If you believe that you meet the above criteria and are passionate about a career, please click the 'apply' button below. Position Reference Number: 148673
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.