Tunnel Control Officer
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Ensure the community gets home to their loved ones safe and sound
- Make a difference in people’s lives by working in an essential role!
- Secure stable work with one of NZ’s large infrastructure services contractors
Work with Ventia as a Tunnel Control Officer (TCO) to join our team in supporting the Lyttleton Tunnel contract!
What’s in it for me?
- Ventia takes our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s well-being.
- Experience career progression and development through training opportunities
- Stable, full-time, permanent employment
- A wide range of employee benefits
Enjoy a role where you can experience career progression. For good performers, you may enjoy the path of transitioning into other parts of the business as Ventia is a multinational operation, maintenance, and construction services organisation, operating in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property, and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities, and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
About the Role
Ventia is an established service provider in the Operations and Maintenance industry. You will be required to be alert and be able to think on your toes. In this role, you will be part of a small team of dedicated and highly skilled staff, helping ensure and manage the safety of the general public & the vehicles that utilise the Christchurch Lyttleton Road Tunnel.
You will be providing service to the community, making sure they are protected from harm and any potential hazards. As a Tunnel Control Officer, you will make strong relationships with the Lyttleton community and work closely with the port – to ensure that goods/ services and tunnel operations run as smoothly as possible.
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum Class 1 Driver’s license and have the ability to pass an NZ police check.
We are happy to train the right people with the right attitude. Other advantageous but not essential requirements are; Fire safety training with the NZ fire service, a Completed Haz Goods Course, and a completed First Aid safety course. These are an advantage but not necessary.
Click on the APPLY NOW button found on this page
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check.