Distribution Line Mechanic
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Work within a leading global organization with a Safety-First culture
- Opportunity to use your trade within a wide variety of projects
- Driven, hardworking, and dedicated team that support each other to achieve the best possible outcome.
Ventia currently has an exciting opportunity within their Auckland Power NZ team based in Otara for a hardworking and motivated line mechanic.
Ventia is an established service provider in the Power, Distribution & High Voltage electrical industry. We partner with leading NZ clients providing maintenance, installation, and construction services to a range of substation, industrial & commercial assets.
This role will see you performing project work across multiple clients across Auckland and Hamilton.
- Pole erection
- Overhead line construction and maintenance
- Underground cable laying and maintenance
- Maintenance of equipment
- Work site management and participation.
What you can Expect
- 40hrs per week
- 8hrs per day between 6am – 6pm
- Work with an experienced crew of Line Mechanics
- $35per/hour - $45 per/hour (Circa) rate is dependent on experience
What you need
- Certificate IV in Electricity Supply Distribution (Advantageous)
- Hold minimum EWRB limited certificate (ANZCO code 342211)
- Proven practical experience on electrical distribution networks
- Ability in de-energised line work, including training.
- Experience with underground cabling and experience or training as a cable jointer is an advantage.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive pay rates
- Long term secure employment
- Access to leading edge technology and equipment
- Long term maintenance contracts
- Social activities such as fishing, BBQ’s and celebration of end of end of projects
If you are keen on this role, please submit your application by clicking on the apply button now.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a medical including a drug and alcohol test as well as a police check
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Based in Oatara, working with Power NZ to provide installation, maintenance and repair of distribution networks and street light networks, including underground work. Come and Join Ventia today and see first hand why we are the leading company within the electrical industry!
Contact Sarah at +61460299171 ASAP!