Hospital sit supervisor.
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Ventia’s contract with the Department of Justice are seeking a well-organised and efficient Hospital sit supervisors to join the Court Security & Custodial Services (CS&CS) team based in Canning Vale. This role comes with the added security of being offered as a full-time permanent position with free parking on-site.
In this varied and fast-paced role, your primary responsibility is to coordinate and monitor all hospital sits in both metropolitan and regional locations and assist in coordinating the day-to-day operation of that portfolio. This role is pivotal as it provides vital support to assist with the delivery of successful outcomes and acts as a key point of contact between relevant Justice personnel and all other associated partner agencies involved across the contract.
You are approachable and possess excellent stakeholder engagement skills and you naturally adopt a collaborative and team-based approach to people management. You are analytical and a natural leader who can drive and embed best practice service delivery through the commitment of our people, to ensure project outcomes are met in a cost-effective manner.
You possess exceptional organisational capabilities and can identify and prioritise problems and issues, generate solutions and work collaboratively to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes. You have a high degree of motivation, energy and initiative, with the capacity to deal with multiple and often conflicting priorities. This, coupled with your great sense of humour will contribute to your success in this role.
Key duties but not limited to:
- Oversee the Hospital sit Operations and act as first escalation point for staff allocated to these tasks
- Submit and monitor all documentation such as risk assessments and collect mitigation
- Ensure Staff rosters are prepared to adequately cover the shift patterns of the functional area and ensure staff are available for work
- Carry out daily submission of staff electronic time sheets
- Checking of daily incident reports
- Report on Monthly Mitigation requirements and DoJ auditor notifications
- Attend required site visits
- Supervise the daily planning of each sit to ensure efficiencies and best use of resources
- Implement and monitor procedures to meet contractually agreed KPIs and the avoidance of penalties
- Identify and produce timely management information
- Ensure appropriate communications occur with agencies in Hospitals and custodial facilities
- Manage and develop hospital sit staff to include annual appraisals (PDR)
- Carry out all work activities upholding the Company values
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive, and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment
Skills and experience
- Diploma in Leadership and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in an operational environment and knowledge of legislation and associated requirements.
- A collaborative management style and the ability to forge highly productive internal and external working relationships
- Personable and professional, with a strong capability to remain objective, unbiased and balanced in challenging environments
- Proven experience in a leadership role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage a team under pressure
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite and databases) and ability to navigate reporting tools and Government based systems
Other special conditions
The incumbent to this position must have Australian Work Rights and have the ability to obtain and maintain a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol test in order to be eligible for this position.
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
In addition, you will find a stimulating and rewarding working environment where we take our peoples careers seriously and help them to learn and grow.
This role comes with the added security of being offered as a permanent position with a great work life balance roster and consideration of future flexible working requirements.
About the company
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
How to apply
To apply please click on the "Apply" button to complete your application.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are keen to increase diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work.
Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Job Reference Number: 150770