Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities
In partnership with the Australia Defence Force, we are seeking a SHEQ Advisor to join the Ventia Defence SHEQ team.
This role is based at Simpson Barracks, Watsonia, Victoria however you will also be responsible for supporting nearby Defence locatons such as Maribyrnong, Puckapunyal and Fishermans Bend.
As a SHEQ Advisor, your primary responsibility is to deliver on organisational construction SHEQ requirements for Ventia and its contractors, utilising systems and process to foster an integrated approach to SHEQ management in delivering on legal, contractual and business requirements.
This is a fixed term contract until July 2024.
About the role:
- Undertake review of contractor project documentation
- Support the contractor management system
- Work with Ventia project officers to ensure that construction works adhere to safety requirements
- Conduct field inspections and complete audits on contractor works and management systems
- Adhere with legislations, regulations and standards and that all activities on the project are undertaken in a safe manner, and with the application of suitable frameworks and documentation
- Undertake aspects of Environment and Quality function
- Tertiary Qualification in Workplace/ Occupation Health and Safety
- Formal training in incident investigation ICAM methodology
- Have suitable experience as a safety professional in construction safety
- Construction Induction card
- Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation, regulatory requirements and ISO standards within a high risk construction environment
- Ability to develop and execute strategies to ensure compliance, minimise risk and drive continuous improvement
Please note: To meet Defence requirements, you must be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this position.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 149594