Rail Maintenance Coordinator
Location: Port Kembla
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Based in the Illawarra, Ventia’s ‘NSW Industrial” business group provides a range of contract maintenance and miscellaneous services work for a variety of clients, including our longstanding alliance with BlueScope at the Port Kembla Steelworks.
- Family friendly roster to achieve true work/life-balance locally in Wollongong
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to enjoy a coastal lifestyle, while working at the iconic Port Kembla NSW Steelworks.
- Be part of a caring, motivated and inclusive team.
About the role:
This position is essential to the successful delivery of the scope of work associated with the provision of rail maintenance services to BlueScope Steel.
Reporting to the Operations Manager Track Maintenance, you will be responsible for coordinating rail infrastructure maintenance capability to the maintenance teams ensuring company standards, processes and procedures are in place and retained.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate various Major Periodic Maintenance tasks to ensure consistent and accurate maintenance of the track at high quality and within budget.
- Monitor asset performance against the required level of reliability and availability providing recommendations and rectification solutions.
- Ensure safe and timely execution and completion of work to the requirement of Regulatory, Company and Customer standards and Procedures.
- Prepare/write job procedures / SWMS as required.
- Lead and mange a team of 10+ rail workers
Your Skills and Experience:
- Maintenance experience in Rail Networks.
- Minimum C Class License
- Demonstrated fault finding and problem-solving abilities with complex equipment.
- White Card
- SAP experience
- Reporting Systems experience (Power BI)
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written.
- Personal organisational skills including time management, and the ability to handle a diverse range of tasks concurrently.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it's what unites and excites us.
For more than 20 years, Ventia has had a longstanding relationship with BlueScope in the Illawarra region of New South Wales, providing plant maintenance, engineering and project services and a skilled workforce for numerous BlueScope projects, as well as fabrication facilities. We have recently renewed our contract with BlueScope for maintenance services with the addition of fire services at BlueScope’s Port Kembla Steel Works. This is an exceptional opportunity to enhance your career and be valued for your contributions.