Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Exciting new and improved rates! $43.38 per hour (strong base rate + economic retention allowance)
- X2 permanent full-time positions offering an excellent work-life balance.
- Opportunities to grow your career through Ventia.
Ventia, in partnership with the Australian Defence Force require x2 permanent full-time Fitters to join the team at our state-of-the-art facility in Moorebank NSW. The successful applicant will work 7:00am -3:45pm Monday to Thursday and 7:00am to 12:00pm (noon) on Friday’s.
As our Fitter, you will undertake maintenance on specialist Defence equipment. This includes installation, inspection, repair, modification and reconditioning of military armaments, watercraft, small engines, and perform general engineering tasks.
Could you be our next Fitter?
- Trade qualified fitter and turner (Certificate III)
- Hold a current Drivers Licence
- Small engines qualification or experience (desired)
- Experience operating lathes, millers, and other metal working machines
You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain an Australian Defence Clearance.
Permanent position, long standing client contracts, offering great rates and job stability
Supportive management and positive team environment
We value our people and provide a range of other benefits to help you look after yourself and family as you build a rewarding career with us
- Examine detailed specifications to determine requirements of the job
- Operate machines to produce or modify required parts or tools
- Check quality of finished parts
- Fit and assemble parts
- Providing technical advice to equipment operators
- Conducting data entry tasks
- Repair and maintain miscellaneous equipment including small engines, general service, and marine equipment
About the contract
Ventia is the Australian Defence Force (ADF) industry partner for the repair and maintenance of Army materiel including artillery, small arms, instrument repair, night vision equipment and all armoured vehicles and variants. We currently deliver approximately 900,000 maintenance hours annually and operate a 24/7 nationwide vehicle and equipment recovery service. As part of our contract with the ADF, Ventia provide materiel maintenance support of land-based equipment for Joint Logistics Unit (JLU). We operate in every Australian State and Territory with a 3,000-strong workforce consisting of passionate civilians and Defence Veterans.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'apply now' button on this page. Alternatively, if you have enquiries about the position, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Reference Number: 150595