Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Exciting new and improved rates! $48.38 per hour (strong base rate + economic retention allowance)
- X4 permanent full-time positions offering an excellent work-life balance.
- Opportunities to grow your career through Ventia.
This is a permanent, full-time position for qualified Heavy Vehicle or Plant Mechanics to join our Defence Maintenance Support Services team. Based in state-of-the-art facilities with the latest equipment, you will work across a range of heavy military vehicles, including 4WD’s, armoured tanks, trucks, tracked vehicles, and infantry personnel carriers.
The role is located within our Moorebank NSW defence base, includes free onsite parking, a dynamic team environment, work-life balance, and attractive hours 7:00am - 3:45pm, Monday - Thursday and 7:00am – 12:00pm (noon) on Fridays.
Could you be our next Heavy Vehicle Mechanic?
- Certificate III or equivalent trade qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic OR Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- A team player with the ability to promote a positive Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) culture in the workplace
- Hydraulics experience and/or certifications highly desired
- Hold a current Drivers Licence
You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to hold an Australian Defence Clearance.
- Permanent position, long standing client contracts, offering great rates and job stability
- Supportive management and positive team environment
- We value our people and provide a range of other benefits to help you look after yourself and family as you build a rewarding career with us
- Carry out scheduled servicing and vehicle inspections
- Diagnose and repair vehicle faults
- Work within timeframes specified to the required work standards
- Repair or replace worn or faulty parts by removing assemblies such as engines, transmissions, and differentials
- Diagnose, overhaul, repair, tune, maintain and test diesel, petrol, and gas-powered vehicles
- Reassemble, test, clean and adjust repaired or replaced parts
About the contract
Ventia is the Australian Defence Force (ADF) industry partner for the repair and maintenance of Army materiel including artillery, small arms, instrument repair, night vision equipment and all armoured vehicles and variants. We currently deliver approximately 900,000 maintenance hours annually and operate a 24/7 nationwide vehicle and equipment recovery service. As part of our contract with the ADF, Ventia provide materiel maintenance support of land-based equipment for Joint Logistics Unit (JLU). We operate in every Australian State and Territory with a 3,000-strong workforce consisting of passionate civilians and Defence Veterans.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking the 'apply now' button on this page. Alternatively, if you have enquiries about the position, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com
Position Reference Number: 150592