Power Technician - Wels Network
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is an established service provider in the Power, Distribution & High Voltage electrical industry. We partner with leading NZ clients providing maintenance, installation, and construction services to a range of substation, industrial & commercial assets.
Work for a leading employer who will invest in you and provide some amazing opportunities to shine and develop your career
We currently have an exciting opportunity based in Hamilton, NZ for a hardworking and motivated Power Technician
This is a full-time, permanent role at minimum 40 hours a week, 7am – 3.30pm
$40 - $45 per/hour (Circa) rate is dependent on experience
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting high voltage substation works with a strong focus around OH&S. You will be positive, with a strong work ethic and desire to work collectively as a team to complete works efficiently. Other key deliverables are as follows:
- Fault finding, installation, testing, programming, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
- Undertaking end-to-end tasks for all allocated jobs
- Managing substation, transformers and switch gear maintenance, repairs, and installations
- Undertake power systems – protection duties
- Carry out relevant quality checks and audits
What we offer you
- Competitive pay rates
- Long term secure employment
- Access to leading edge technology and equipment
- Long term maintenance contracts
- Career progression training to develop your career
- Social activities such as fishing, BBQ’s and celebration of end of end of projects
The successful candidate will have current tertiary qualifications along with:
- Demonstrated Technical experience
- EWRB Registration
- Practical industry related experience is essential
- Experience with HV, substation, or power transmission is desirable.
- Experience working on an electrical distribution network is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in underground cable testing
- Strong communication skills
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click on the “apply now” button found on this page. For further information regarding this position please contact email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical as well as a police check.
Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it's what unites and excites us.
upskilling opportunities for progression