Admin / Storeperson Nowra
Location: Nowa Nowa
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Work with one of the largest service provider companies
- Training available and abundant of opportunities to grow your career
Due to an internal promotion Ventia currently have a full-time opportunity for a Store Person / Administrator at our defence site in Nowra.The role is a 70/30 split between administration and stores work involving light lifting tasks and kit ups. Your administration and outstanding customer service skills will enable your success for this position.
Training available, if you have good computer skills, attention to detail, organisational skills and the willingness to learn and develop we want to hear from you. We will consider a part-time applicant for the right person after the initial full time training period, approximately six months, but the role will require 30 hours per week and preference will be given to applicants available 38 hours per week.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Database & inventory management using MILIS (Military Integrated Logistics Information System) system.
- Operating computer system such as Outlook and Excel to manage stores requests and communicate internally and externally.
- Organizing and controlling the day-to-day workflow - receiving, scanning, and distributing orders to storesperson.
- Assist freight desk with small quantity deliveries and internal/external distribution tasks
Skills and Experience:
- Be an Australian Citizen eligible for a Defence security clearance.
- Suitable experience in a stores and warehousing environment.
- A “hands on” proactive attitude. You will be physically fit, as the job requires prolonged periods of sitting, walking, and standing.
- Valid driver’s licence is essential.
- You must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1. As a result of this requirement, to be successful you must be an Australian Citizen.
What We Offer You
Ventia have partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
About the contract: Defence Retail Stores
Our teams are committed to driving collaborative relationships with our contract partners, to deliver the services that contribute to ADF’s operations today and supporting Australia’s future defence industrial capability.
We deliver complex maintenance, estate management and support services to bases that support approximately 100,000 Australian Defence Force personnel.
Ventia is the largest provider of Defence estate support services and facilities management. We have over 20 years’ experience delivering base support capability including project management and integration; fuel infrastructure management and refuelling services; asset management and maintenance; hospitality, catering and domestic services; ranges and training area management; environmental services; warehousing, distribution and retail store services; firefighting and rescue services.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number:151314