Wireless Technician - Lead
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
About The Role
Reporting to the Area Supervisor, the primary responsibilities of the Wireless Field Technician is for the Installation, Commissioning, Integration and fault finding of Wireless infrastructure.
Payrate: Level 20 Role - $45.61 Pay rate. p/hour
What you’ll be doing:
- Installation, commissioning and troubleshooting 4G / 5G base stations, including hybrid feeder systems
- Installation, commissioning of Fibre and microwave transmission and DC power systems.
- Site Integrations and RF call testing.
- Collection, analysis, verification of all installation, testing, commissioning, and integration artefacts, including Optical test results, feeder and antenna system tests, photographs, reports, serial no’s, and As-Builts.
- Coordination of logistics including stock, usage and defective material reports and other inventory reporting;
- Liaison with subcontractors (rigging and technicians) to ensure works are completed in accordance with OH&S requirements and quality specifications.
- Provide Leadership and Guidance to junior team members
- Progress reporting to Field manager, Project Engineer or supervisor of site works in Ventia and Client systems.
To ensure success in this role, ideally you will have a Certificate or Qualifications in Telecommunications, accompanied with experience as a field based wireless telecommunications technician, preferably in a large-scale rollout.
You will also possess the following technical skills and experience with:
- Understanding the methods of deploying carrier standard wireless networks
- Nokia Certification and/or previous experience with Nokia equipment, in particular:
- DC Power systems – Eaton, Vertiv, Eltek
- Proven experience with installation and commissioning of 5G and LTE based technology, fibre/microwave transmission systems
- Previous experience with Huawei/ Ericsson / NEC equipment would be beneficial
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work independently and liaise with the customer, colleagues, and sub-contractors
- Use of cable sweep testing units, PIM testers, Ethernet/SDH, OTDR, Optical Power testing and metering equipment.
What We Offer You
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history.
Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it.
Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
Position Reference Number: 150815