Location: Hmas Cerberus
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australia Defence Force, we are seeking Breakfast Chefs to join the team at HMAS Cerberus at the Royal Australian Navy base.
HMAS Cerberus is a dynamic environment and is responsible for the largest output of meals served to Defence personnel ranging from 50,000 - 80,000 meals per month.
In this full time role, you will work closely with the lead Chefs to ensure the smooth operation of a high volume, fast paced kitchen. Our team service 4 bars & 4 Mess halls, serving between 15,000 - 20,000 meals per month, over breakfast, lunch & dinner as well special events.
- Ensure efficient preparation and delivery of meal services from production facilities, by ensuring regular consultation with the Mess Manager.
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are clean, sanitized and presentable at all times.
- Support and participate in the implementation and management Ventia’s Food Safety Program.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, and barbeques.
- Support surge and emergency contingencies by assisting in the mobilisation of staff, equipment and facilities in accordance with Defence Force plans.
- Report all defective equipment and tools to the Head Chef so that required maintenance can be scheduled.
- Participate in regular stock take and inventory control activities.
Skills & Experience
- Cert 3 in Commercial Cookery Qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a large commercial kitchen environment.
- Hygiene for Food Handlers Certificate (training provided by employer).
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service.
- Strong planning and organisation skills and proven experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in complex environments with multiple stakeholders
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 151130