Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
The Electronic Technician is responsible for conducting maintenance tasks, including technical inspection and classification, for which they are competent and qualified within time frames specified in Work Orders to the required Work Standards and/or the standard detailed in materiel specific instructions.
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday on the Defence contract in Amberley.
- Attend to breakdowns in electronics and communications equipment.
- Troubleshoot digital subsystems, amplifiers and circuits.
- Find and repair faults in complex power supplies.
- Service broadcast, microwave and satellite technology.
- Service analogue, digital and data equipment and signals.
- Service fire and security alarm systems.
- Repair cameras, visual receivers, computers and weapons equipment.
- Dismantle, assemble and fabricate electrotechnology assemblies.
- Install extra low voltage wiring systems. install electrical and electronic control systems.
- Management and accountability of repair parts and consumables issued.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Possess a recognised Trade Certificate III of proficiency (Elctro-technology or similar).
- Supplementary skills or licences required for specific vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to inspect, diagnose, repair and maintain radios, optical instruments, navigational aids, laser range finding equipment, medical and dental equipment, electrooptical/ electro-hydraulic/ electro-mechanical systems, radar systems, electronic vehicle control systems and electronic surveillance and detection systems.
- Possess equivalent qualification to safely operate and maintain Automated Test Equipment.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to maintain and repair and calibrate (i.e. gauges, binoculars, compasses).
- Possess a current Australian State or Territory open driver’s licence for C (manual).
- You must be an Australian citizen and be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1 to apply.
- Permanent position, long standing client contracts, offering great job stability
- Work on an exciting range of Defence Vehicles
- Genuine career development opportunities and progression across Ventia
- Supportive management and team
Ventia are an experienced facilities and asset manager and a Top 10 Defence industry partner. Ventia has a proud history of partnering with the Australian Defence Force (ADF), spanning three decades. We operate in every Australian State and Territory with a 3,000-strong workforce consisting of passionate civilians and Defence Veterans.
Position Reference Number: 151172