Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia are currently seeking a qualified Fitter to join the Ventia team on the Defence contract at the Amberley RAAF Base. The successful applicant will work Monday to Friday on a permanent basis.
- Examine detailed specifications to determine requirements of the job
- Operate machines to produce or modify required parts or tools
- Check quality of finished parts
- Fit and assemble parts
- Providing technical advice to equipment operators
- Conducting data entry tasks
- Repair and maintain miscellaneous equipment including small engines, and general service equipment
- Participate in safety development programs
- Repsonsible for conducting various weapon maintenance tasks, varying from installation and repair through to the reconditioning of militairy armaments
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Trade qualified fitter and turner (Cert III)
- Armourer experience and/or qualifications
- Small engines qualification or experience (desired)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Experience operating lathes, millers and other metal working machines
- Proven experience with Oxy/Acet, Arc, MIG, TIG welding and metal fabrication processes
- You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain an Australian Defence Clearance
What We Offer You
Be part of a stable contract between Ventia and Defence where you will be working on a wide variety of exciting Defence vehicles, equipment and machinery. Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter. We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow. There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe. We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that's right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
Position Reference Number: 150984