Rail Track Worker
Location: Port Kembla
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Wollongong are currently seeking Rail Track Workers to work on the BlueScope Steel site in Port Kembla.
- Permanent full –time position working primarily across the BlueScope Rail network.
- Family friendly roster to achieve true work/life-balance locally in Wollongong.
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
You will be working alongside fantastic people on an iconic location and contributing to the growth of the company as well as growing your skills and experience.
To be successful for this role you will need:
- RIW (Rail Industry Worker) Card
- Current Cat 3 Medical or and/or be able to pass medical.
- White card/Construction Card
- 2+ years Rail Experience (desirable)
- Driver’s licence, (MR/ HR License Highly Regarded)
- Have a strong commitment to safe work practices.
- Aluminothermic welding Ticket/experience (desirable)
- Excavator/Backhoe operator tickets (desirable)
- Cert II in Rail Infrastructure (Desirable)
- Previous rail track experience (highly regarded)
What you will be doing:
- Rail Corridor Operations
- Turnout Construction
- Track Reconditioning
- General Track Maintenance
- Aluminothermic welding
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
For more than 20 years, Ventia has had a longstanding relationship with BlueScope in the Illawarra region of New South Wales, providing plant maintenance, engineering and project services and a skilled workforce for numerous BlueScope projects, as well as fabrication facilities.
We have recently renewed our contract with BlueScope for maintenance services with the addition of fire services at BlueScope’s Port Kembla Steel Works. This is an exceptional opportunity to enhance your career and be valued for your contributions.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
If this position is of interest and you think you are suitable for this role on behalf of all the requirements above, we would love to hear from you! Please send through your CV via 'apply' or contact me directly on 0417 719 542 or email via email@example.com