Site / Project Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, the role of the Site / Project Engineer is to support the Senior Project Engineer and staff by managing tasks closely with all internal and external stakeholders to deliver the contract scope ahead of time and within budget. Multiple roles available across NSW, QLD Brisbane and VIC Melbourne.
What’s on Offer
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- Encouraged site visit for self-development, understanding and experience
About the Role
The Site / Project Engineer is responsible for the co-ordination of design and construction activities and to provide technical support to the project teams. In essence the Site / Project Engineer is responsible for activities in the 1 - 3-month outlook and management of project deliverables through coordination with the Design, Land Access and Construction teams to manage the day to day running of the Project.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Review, upgrade and maintain Programme at Work Release (sequencing, delays etc)
- Manage all Contract Trades through the weekly programme and liaise with relevant Field Managers / Area Managers ensuring prompt start dates when work is made available
- Management of material requisition issue or returns to the materials controller
- Management of SOR (schedule of rates)
- Analyse and track performance of contractors to ensure objectives and targets are met
- Review completion progress including financial spend against forecasted projections
- Initiate design change management
- Ongoing review of open defects
- Review and update project progress weekly using construction tracker spreadsheets
- Month end processing of contractor and client claims
- General project administration including quotes and invoicing
You will have a Tertiary Qualifications in Civil/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or Equivalent, accompanied with at least 5+ years, ideally in the infrastructure / construction industry; and
- Good understanding of telecommunications pit and pipe and aerial optic fibre network infrastructure
- Proven record of dealing with key stakeholders, including workforce and sub-contractors
- Proven record of project reporting
- Sound Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Personal drive and commitment with strong attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines
Ventia’s Telecommunications business is Australia and New Zealand’s largest telecommunications network construction, deployment and maintenance provider. Our team of specialists build and maintain some of the region’s largest fibre optic and mobile networks and are dedicated to delivering superior design, build and maintenance solutions and innovation for critical communications networks.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
Please click on the apply button to upload your covering letter, resume and relevant qualifications.
Position Reference Number: 151834