High Voltage Electrician
Location: Potts Hill
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia’s Sydney Water High Voltage Contract provides specialised High Voltage operations and maintenance to Sydney Water’s vast array of critical High Voltage assets – ranging in voltage between 3.3kV and 33kV.
About the role
This role will provide pro-active service for our client Sydney Water and the three Regional Delivery Consortia (RDC’s) who provide Electrical and Mechanical services to Sydney Water across their three regional areas - North, West and South.
You will report directly to Ventia’s High Voltage Delivery Team Leader (DTL) and work safely towards ensuring High Voltage breakdown, preventative and corrective maintenance activities are maintained in a timely and cost-effective manner.
As High Voltage Electrician you will be working in a fast-paced working environment, requiring you to be adaptable and able to manage many tasks at once, while working with a high degree of autonomy. You will have exceptional customer service skills as you will be working with a wide variety of contractors, clients, and customers every day.
You may be required to travel anywhere in Sydney Water’s area of operation – which stretches from Warriewood in the north, Mount Victoria in the west and Shellharbour in the south.
You will also be required to be ‘On-Call’ once every 7 – 9 weeks on a 24/7 basis (after being 6 months in the role and once becoming an authorised HV operator)
- Competitive pay rate plus trade of tool vehicle and mobile
- Work assignment based on home location
- RDO (Rostered Day Off) monthly
- Call-out allowance
- PPE provided
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with Sydney Water’s HV Team and Ventia’s HV Team
- Performing ‘Hands-on’ HV work such as transformer repairs, Ring Main Unit (RMU) repairs, circuit breaker and switchgear repairs
- Performing replacement/installation of selected HV equipment
- Performing breakdown, corrective and preventative maintenance on Sydney Water’s large array of High Voltage assets (3.3kV – 33kV) within their greater Sydney Metropolitan, Blue Mountains and Illawarra regions
- Performing complex switching operations, isolations and earthing on their critical High Voltage assets
- Providing High Voltage isolations for various sub-contractors who perform High Voltage Condition Monitoring work, Gas powered Co-Generator work, Hydro Plant work and High Voltage Project work
- Working collaboratively with Endeavour Energy and Ausgrid District Operators
- Planning of monthly High Voltage preventative maintenance work
- Liaising with Sydney Water Plant Team members when planning preventative maintenance work
- Issuing of High Voltage Access Permits to co-workers and sub-contractors
- Strictly adhering to Sydney Water’s ‘High Voltage Operating Procedures
- Demonstrated field experience performing HV switchgear and/or transformer repairs.
- Demonstrated field experience in the installation of HV equipment such as switchboards, Ring Main Units, transformers, HV cables etc.
- Demonstrated field experience performing maintenance on high voltage equipment and/or performing High Voltage switching operations – including earthing
- Issuing and/or receiving High Voltage Access Permits (Access Permits Course)
- Understanding high voltage Single Line Diagrams
- Understanding electrical control wiring diagrams
- Sound electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Undertaken an initial ‘High Voltage Switching and Access Permit Issuer’ course with a Supply Authority or registered training centre
- Hold a current driver’s licence
- Hold a current NSW Electrical Supervisors Certificate or Electrical Contractors Licence
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely, and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 151833