Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
We are currently seeking a Chef to join our small close-knit team at DST Fishermans Bend in Port Melbourne.
This is a permanent full time position working Monday to Friday from 7am - 3pm managing our café, Spectra.
Your previous hospitality experience, strong work ethic and willingness to learn will hold you in good stead. This is a hands-on role where you will be required to work in the kitchen as well as undertaking administrative duties.
Chef duties may include:
- Preparing lunches daily
- Managing corporate functions
- Cost/budget management
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Being flexible and helping the whole team
Skills and Experience:
- Commercial Cookery Certificate III, or above (or equivalent)
- Sound knowledge of HACCP
- Ability to work well both within a team and on own initiative
- Ability to adapt to changing demands to meet needs, especially at busy times
- Great attitude towards work and a wanting to learn the role and environment quickly
What we offer:
- On the job training and active support
- An inclusive and supportive work environment where you matter
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- Take advantage of a range of benefits offered by reputable organisations including health insurance, banking, flights, accommodation and much more.
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 149482