SHEQ (HSEQ) Manager
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it's what unites and excites us.
Ventia’s facilities management solutions enables our clients across a broad range of sectors to focus on their core business. We provide facility management services including; building and open space maintenance, operations, asset management, project management and delivery services.
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated SHEQ Manager to provide WHS, Environment and Quality expertise to our Facilities Management Contract team and client.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Manager will oversee, manage and be responsible for all SHEQ aspects of the Auckland Council FM Contract. They will be responsible in delivering the SHEQ Business Improvement Plan (BIP) and drive continuous improvement of the SHEQ management systems within the contract.
As the successful candidate, you will preferably be degree qualified, with mandatory tertiary qualifications in SHEQ or related discipline with a minimum 5 years industry experience at Manager level.
Your experience in heavy industry, services, facilities management or construction involving an on site workforce, coupled with your ability to coach, guide, and performance manage direct reports are strong contributing factors to your success in this role.
Other Skills and experience required:
- Experience in risk management and leading incident investigation – ICAM, 5 whys etc
- Ability to drive exceptional SHEQ performance through Subcontractors.
- Continuous Improvement/Program Management experience
- Ability to analyse data, identify major trends, their level of influence and the resulting business impact
- Superior communication capabilities with the ability to inform, negotiate and influence at all levels
- Understanding and adherence to the requirements of laws, industry and organisational standards, principles of good governance and accepted community and ethical practice
- Strong leadership skills to manage and deliver key requirements
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Understanding of work requirements in widely dispersed geographical location
What We Offer You
Ventia are a large, complex global organisation that operates across different sectors in the Infrastructure and Asset management space.
You will be joining a strong team that has a very strategic focus in driving value through the business.
There will be opportunities for a high performer to grow professionally within the Facilities Management space and within the wider Local Government group, and as our focus is on developing our people and promoting from within, there may also be opportunities to develop your career in some of our other divisional teams either in NZ, Australia or further afield.
Ventia offers a flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter. We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "apply now" button found on this page. For further information regarding this position please contact email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical as well as a police check.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.