Contract and Compliance Officer
Location: Canning Vale
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Ventia’s contract with the Department of Justice are seeking an engaging and perceptive Contracts and Compliance Officer to join the Court Security & Custodial Services team based in Canning Vale, Western Australia. Whilst this is a local role, you will be expected to occasionally travel to regional sites where required.
In this role you will have the ability to establish clear plans and timeframes; work with various teams to build capability and deliver results. Monitor progress to identify risks which may impact on outcomes or individual contractual requirements and will also ensure compliance with legal, contractual requirements to assist with investigative work following any incidents or identified issues.
Reporting directly into the Commercial and Contract Compliance Manager you are a motivated and highly organised professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have strong attention to detail and your well-developed experience in a compliance or contract administration role will see you do well in this role.
Key duties but not limited to:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of strategies, plans and procedures for undertaking a range of compliance, investigative and corrective activities in an ever-changing environment
- Assist in the collation and production of weekly and monthly compliance and performance reports
- Ensure all contractually required competencies and resources are maintained and in-date via appropriate managers, this includes training, vehicles etc
- Review Reported Incidents and identified corrective actions and incorrect data capture
- Conduct site audits against operating procedures and contractual requirements
- Maintain document control and submission of contractual documentation to the client
- Establish and maintain effective relationships as part of a team with senior management, colleagues and stakeholders in order to meet expectations
- Provide contract administration assistance in accordance with legislative and agreed contract requirements
- Ensure meaningful and appropriate communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and experience:
- Qualification in a relevant field and/or experience in a contract administration or compliance position
- Proven experience of building relationships at all levels of an organisation
- Advanced computer literacy (SAP, MS Office suite)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage workloads and meet required deadlines.
- Experience in contributing to contract management activities that promote continuous improvement and maintain compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, research and apply sound judgement to contribute to decision making and continuous improvements.
- Strong written communication skills with high attention to detail
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter. In addition, you will find a stimulating and rewarding working environment where we take our peoples careers seriously and help them to learn and grow.
This role comes with the added security of being offered as a permanent position with parking available on site.
About the company
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
How to apply
To apply please click on the "Apply" button to complete your application. No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are keen to increase diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work.
Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Job Reference Number: 151257