Job Type: Full time
Cleaner - Defence (Casual)
We currently have vacancy for a casual reliable and meticulous Cleaner to work on the Australian Defence Force (ADF) based at Irwin and Campbell Barracks (WA/the Perth region)
About the role
Ventia’s Defence Base Services (DBS) team have an opportunity for reliable and motivated Cleaner who share our commitment to service excellence and are passionate about delivering a great experience to our clients with every interactions.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and engaging and have good communication skills. You can work independently as well as being part of a team and are well organised, efficient and pay close attention to the details.
The base hourly rate $28.45 p/h +10% Superannuation
- Swanbourne – Campbell Barracks & Karrakatta - Irwin Barracks
Duties include, but no limited to:
- General cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting, wiping and vacuuming surfaces
- Detail cleaning of outdoor and indoor areas
- Toilet cleaning – servicing & detailing
- General rubbish removal/waste disposal
- Accommodation cleaning – making of beds, linen stock control
- Glass cleaning – both internally and externally (limited)
- Responding to scheduled and ad-hoc cleaning requests
- Compliance with all OH&S aspects of your role
- Being polite & professional to clients and visitors
- Australian Citizenship (for Defence security clearance requirements)
- Able to obtain and maintain a National Police Clearance Check (lless than 30 days old)
- Valid Driver’s Licence and own reliable transport to get to and from site
- Able to pass a basic medical, including a Drug and Alcohol screen
- Some cleaning experience preferred (not essential)
- Reliable punctual and takes pride in personal appearance and work standards
- Reasonable fit and able to stand/walk for extended periods
- Physically capable to clean in busy/noisy industrial environment
About the company
Ventia is one of the largest essential services providers in Australia and New Zealand. We proud to provide the services that keep infrastructure working for our communities. Our future is exciting. Our vision is to lead the way in essential services by harnessing the power of technology and being sustainable in all that we do. We believe we contribute to stronger communities by making them safer and more sustainable. Our clients know they can count on us to not only get the job done, but to do the right thing.
What we offer
This is a great opportunity to join a company currently experiencing continued growth where new developments are occurring and where you’ll be thanked for your efforts and encouraged to become an integral part of the Ventia Team, all whilst earning generous award rates for your hard work, loyalty and dedication.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and create a high-performance business. Ventia has an ongoing commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through our Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 152002