Senior Project Accountant
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the Role
Ventia’s Telecommunications sector has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Accountant to provide support to the Projects Finance Manager and Project Operations teams.
The role’s primary focus is to support the Project Finance Manager in meeting the Financial Reporting requirements as well as oversee the Project finance functions.
This is permanent full-time position based in Kingsgrove with flexibility to work from home on offer.
What’s on Offer
Ventia have partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options
- Personalised career growth with a suite of wellness initiatives and benefits
What you’ll be doing
- Development and delivery of all Management reporting requirements for the project
- Prepare Project Forecast/Budget and its underlying assumption models
- Ensure all Project accounting and financial data is maintained, analysed, and aligned with Work Management Systems
- Consistent monitoring, evaluation and reporting of budgets and operational performance, simplification, service and quality standards and the efficiency of staff and processes
- Provide insights to performance and issues and communicating this back to the project for performance improvements
- Develop and maintain project dashboards on Claims and Payment reports
- Ensure the Financial Reporting details are aligned with the Work Management System Financials and Forecast
- Completion of ad hoc project finance report as required by all stakeholders
- Manage capital allocated to the project portfolio, including monitoring, and driving performance of allocated capital
- Implement actions to address legal and regulatory requirements and company business standards, processes, and Group policies.
- Develop & mentor project finance & admin team
- Demonstrated experience at a project level on equivalent or similar industry type projects
- Proficient SAP user with intermediate to advance skills in Power BI and Excel
- Qualification in Accounting Finance or Business
- Preferably a CPA or CA
- Solid understanding of project accounting for operation & maintenance projects or similar
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with both finance and operational team members
- Track record of developing team members, including non-finance project staff
Ventia provides telecommunications and ICT services across Australia and New Zealand, focused on design, construction, operations and maintenance for carriers, government, channel partners and enterprise industry segments. With a heritage in design, construction and maintenance services, Ventia is a trusted partner to leading telecommunication and ICT network providers, and industries who rely on mission-critical infrastructure.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 150751