Team Lead - Facilities Maintenance
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
At Ventia, we’re proud to manage council assets including parks, libraries and public pools in Howick, Maungakiekie-Tāmaki, Ōrākei, Waitemata, Devonport-Takapuna, Hibiscus & Bays, Kaipātiki and Upper Harbour as well as the Auckland CBD. We contract to Auckland Council for street cleaning services such as collecting litter, road sweeping, removing graffiti, water blasting, pavement cleaning and more!
Ventia is currently seeking to employ a hardworking and motivated Team Leader to support our team based in Howick. This role will be looking after Auckland Council Walking Tracks, Reserves, and Parks.
The Team Leader is an integral role responsible for coordination and day-to-day running of their respective teams and supporting the over-all management of Auckland Council portfolio, including; carparks, pedestrian crossings, boat ramps and open space fixtures such as playground equipment.
In addition to this, your responsibilities will include:
- Organising day-to-day running of the Hard Surfaces or Sweeping and Bins team to ensure Auckland Council’s assets are maintained in conjunction with the Full Facilities specifications
- Estimating costs of reactive jobs as they come through
- Ensuring assets are maintained in conjunction with the Full Facilities specifications
- Ensuring equipment is maintained in working order
- General administration duties as required
You take pride in your work and above all else you value excellent customer service
You will have:
- Proven experience in Cleaning Services
- Previous experience working as a supervisor or team leader in a commercial/industrial environment
- Knowledge of WHS practices and current industry standards relevant to Hard Surfaces
- Sound knowledge of power tool use, storage and handling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are actively increasing diversity across our business so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
One of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No-one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the apply link button found on this page. Short-listed candidates must be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical, which includes a drug and alcohol test and a Ministry of Justice check.
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa