Location: Hmas Cerberus
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australia Defence Force, we are seeking as Grounds Person to join the team at the Royal Australian Navy base HMAS Cerberus.
As a Grounds Person, you will carry out day to day Land Management duties that include horticultural, environmental, and allied trade tasks.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a scenic, heritage listed site alongside our dedicated grounds staff.
- Operate small plant and mobile machinery
- Chainsaw operation
- Sports field line marking
- Chemical handling and application
- Litter & rubbish collection
- General garden Duties including Weeding, Pruning and Mulching
- Maintain Site to an acceptable level of Presentation, Functoriality and Safety
- Horticultural, Environmental or Agricultural experience
- Demonstrate ability to work autonomously with a high degree of motivation, initiative, energy, and organisation
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Current manual Victorian’s driver’s license
- Agree to additional training for carrying out: Chainsaw Operation, Front End Loader and Chemical Application and Handling, First Aid and Traffic Management.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the role as well as the physical demands of the environment and Land Management Grounds Maintenance.
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 151017