Senior Stores Attendant
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Reporting to the Area Supervisor, the Senior Stores Attendant will play a key role in the operations of the Defence Stores.
Located at the Defence base in Townsville QLD, the role will work on a permanent full time basis, Monday to Friday.
- Co-ordinate a small group of up to ten persons which may include a specialist team, engaged in stores, warehousing, distribution and transport work of a non-routine nature.
- Storing and packing of goods and materials in accordance with procedures.
- Preparation of documentation including liaison with suppliers.
- Applying quality control techniques to the work and where required to work of other staff.
- Assist in the training of staff.
- Ensure proper custody of stores (stock quantity, deterioration, shelf-life expiry checks etc.).
Experiences & Qualifications
- Proven Warehouse / Logistics experience
- Current Driver's License and Forklift License
- Previous experience with Defence Inventory Systems MILIS (preferred but not essential)
- Computer literate with advanced skills in Excel, Word and Email.
- Exercises good communication and interpersonal skills
- You must be an Australian Citizen and be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1
- Ventia have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
Ventia are an experienced facilities and asset manager and a Top 10 Defence industry partner. Ventia has a proud history of partnering with the Australian Defence Force (ADF), spanning three decades. We operate in every Australian State and Territory with a 3,000-strong workforce consisting of passionate civilians and Defence Veterans.
Position Reference Number: 152452
You’ve got this!