Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia are seeking to engage a qualified and experienced Pest Technician to join our Defence Base Services contact. While the main office is located at HMAS Stirling / Garden Island in Rockingham, this position will see you working across a large variety of defence bases across Perth. You will also be working within the Environmental Services team, reporting to the Pest & Vermin Technician Supervisor as part of our national Defence contract.
This role will see you assist with all variable pest and vermin works while meeting specified timelines and maintaining safety in accordance with chemical SDS (safety data sheets). You will be receiving work orders for routine inspections, travel to each location with a company car to inspect the required buildings and action accordingly. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, flexible and have excellent time-management skills.
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday-Friday 07:00am-03:00pm (with some flexibility).
To be considered for this position, you must be an Australian Citizen and willing to undergo a police check.
Key duties, but not limited to:
- All variable pest and vermin works are met within the specified timeframe and to the requirements of the client and all operations are conducted safely and in accordance with chemical SDS (Safety Data Sheets)
- To assist in the professional implementation of vector management activities including monitoring, reporting and control
- Provide accurate and professional reports utilising the GIS technology provided
- Technical and subject matter advice is provided as required to staff members you will working along-side
- HSE, QA and Risk Compliance Systems are implemented and maintained in accordance with compliance
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders, clients and other defence personnel
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Pest & Vermin Technician or Regional Environmental Manager
- Valid Australian drivers’ licence with safe driving history
- Certificate III in Pest Management
- Prior experience in a Pest Technician / Pest Control role or similar
- Flexibility is needed to accommodate client needs and requirements at short notice
- Ability to work within a team or alone and with excellent self-management skills
- Willingness to travel outside of the Perth metropolitan when required
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening) and police check
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
First Nations people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
For internal applicants, it is an expectation that you will inform your manager of an application if you have been in your current position for less than 12 months; please seek their permission prior to applying.
If you have any questions about this role, please reach out via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Reference Number: 152982