Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australian Defence Force, Ventia are currently seeking a Hospitality Stores Person on a Full-Time basis at Puckapunyal, located 10km west of Seymour.
You will assist with the effective and efficient receipting & delivery of Hospitality Stores items across the six dining facilities we have on site. Additionally, you will support with the inventory management including daily storage facility management & stocktaking at month end.
This is a Monday to Friday role with shift times operating within the timeframes of 7:00am – 5:00pm (38-hour week)
Other duties include:
- Overall supervision of the Hospitality Storage facilities across the site
- Receive, check off and store deliveries from suppliers, reporting discrepancies to Head Chef
- Local distribution of product across the kitchens including delivering & collecting store, loading, and unloading of vehicles
- Operate a computer for the input and retrieval of stores information within the Ventia network.
- Packing, marking and stowage of stores.
- Ensure proper custody of stores, e.g., stock check of quantities check for deterioration of store or expiry of shelf life.
- Participate in stocktaking by locating, identifying, counting, and relocating stores.
- Aid in compliance with occupational health and safety requirements.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace.
Skills and Experience:
- Suitable experience in a store’s environment desirable but not essential.
- Ability to be able to work with numbers, methodical with checking invoices to product on the delivery dock in a timely fashion.
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Forklift License essential.
- Driver’s License essential.
We take our people's careers seriously and are committed to helping all our employees to learn and grow by providing extensive training and encourage all employees with career progression. In addition to this, we have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more.
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check and Medical Pre-Employment Checks as required by the contract.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 151868