Location: East Sale
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Have you ever considered a career in hospitality on a Defence Barracks? Tired of the standard hospitality job? With the security of full-time hours within an essential service, now is the perfect time to redirect your career to RAAF BASE East Sale as a permanent full time Chef.
As a Chef, you will work closely with the lead Chefs to ensure the smooth operation of a high volume, fast paced kitchen. Our team service 4 bars & 4 Mess halls, serving between 15,000 - 20,000 meals per month, over Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner as well special events.
Our Chefs work on a rotating roster so you get diversity in service and flexibility to manage work life balance.
- Week #1 Monday to Friday: Breakfast+Prep 05:00-12:30
- Week #2 Monday to Friday: Lunch 07:00-14:30
- Week #3 Monday to Friday: Dinner 12:00-20:00
- There is always potential for over time when we do functions as well
- Ensure efficient preparation and delivery of meal services
- Operate large-volume commercial cooking equipment
- Train food production personnel in Ventia's procedures
- Food Preparation and quailty controll
- Maintain a clean & sanitised kitchen
Skills & Experience
- Commercial Cookery Certificate III, or above
- Previous experience in a large commercial kitchen & fast paced environment
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations
- Strong planning and organisation skills
Please note: To meet Defence requirements, you must be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this position.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
What We Offer You
Ventia have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 152937