Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
We are seeking an experienced Accommodation Clerk to work on Ventia’s Defence Base Services contract. Based at Campbell Barracks in Swanbourne, this position will see you be responsible for managing the room booking and allocation service for all authorised personnel posted, attached to, or transiting through the base.
You will be overseeing cleaning operations within the metro and remote defence bases to assist in delivering exceptional service for our client. This will include requesting vendor quotes, organise payments, follow work approval processes, all within narrow timeframes. The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills, time management and know how to prioritise tasks.
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday-Friday 07:00am-03:00pm (with some flexibility).
To be considered for this position, you must be an Australian Citizen and willing to undergo a police check.
Key duties, but not limited to:
- Manage the Room Booking and Allocation service for all authorised personnel posted, attached to or transiting through the base, including car parks as required
- Provide Occupancy Reports by Rank and Block/Room as directed by the Accommodation Manager and
- Liaise with the Manager to ensure that accommodation allocated is appropriate to the member’s rank or status and seek direction in the event of unavailability of appropriate level accommodation
- Issuing keys on arrival and collecting keys upon departure
- Maintain records of key allocations for all Rooms/Buildings keys and ensure that any Missing/Unaccounted for Keys are investigated and reported immediately to the Supervisor
- Ensure Room Inventory and Condition Reports are completed prior to arrival and upon departureEnsure that all Furnishings, Fittings and Essential Services in accommodation buildings and rooms are operational one working day prior to, and upon, occupancy
- Manage the day to day security of all unallocated keys, including temporary issues for maintenance or cleaning purposes
- Effectively plan and coordinate the work of subcontractors
- Organise subcontractor payments
- Travel to remote sites when required
- Australian Driver’s License
- Experience in a similar role – Highly regarded
- Strong computer skills with the Microsoft Suite
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening) and police check
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
First Nations people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
For internal applicants, it is an expectation that you will inform your manager of an application if you have been in your current position for less than 12 months; please seek their permission prior to applying.
If you have any questions about this role, please reach out via: email@example.com
Position Reference Number: 152942