Job Type: Part time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia in partnership with the Australian Defence Force are currently seeking an experienced Cook.
You will support the Chef Manager in the daily kitchen operations and quality food preparation, including serving of meals and preparing food for functions.
This is a permanent part-time position based at the Defence Science and Technology (DST) Cafe located in Edinburgh, South Australia 5111.
- It’s a LIFESTYLE – Work Monday to Friday. No late nights, no weekends.
- No public Holidays and 2-week company break over Christmas.
- Secure, permanent part-time employment. Minimum 30 hours per week.
- Opportunities to progress your career with Ventia.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Ensure efficient food preparation and delivery of meal services in the Cafe, by ensuring regular consultation with the Chef Manager.
- Operate large-volume cooking/kitchen equipment such as combi ovens, grills, deep fryers and dishwasher.
- Support and participate in the implementation and management Ventia’s Food Safety Program.
- Clean, sanitise and maintain cooking utensils, equipment and food preparation areas.
- Support stock management initiatives, including stock rotation and restocking consumables.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a commercial cafeteria or catering operation.
- Sound knife skills and food preparation techniques. (Required)
- Previous experience as a short-order cook. (Highly regarded)
- Food Safety Certificate. (Highly regarded)
- Cash handling and customer service experience. (Highly regarded)
- Knowledge or understanding of Defence Force operations, systems and functions. (Highly regarded)
- Current Drivers licence.
Must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Baseline.
As a result of this requirement the applicant must be an Australian Citizen.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Click Apply and forward your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience.
You must be an Australian citizen and able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.
Position Reference Number: 152936