Project Planner - Telecommunications
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia had a fantastic 2022 and the new year hasn’t slowed down. Due to our continued growth we are seeking experienced Project Planners within our Fixed Networks team working on an exciting newly awarded contract with our Defence partner.
The Planner is responsible for updating and maintaining the Program in accordance with the agreed weekly cycle to ensure that the project team is aware of the current status and what needs to be done to comply with the projects Milestones and timelines.
This Permanent Full-time opportunity is flexible and can be based out of our Sydney office or our new offices in Cremorne, VIC where other key members of the project team are located.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work closely with the design, construction, and commercial teams to ensure that entered into the program, for the sake of progress monitoring and accurate forecasting of remaining work.
- Collect and compile progress data from the field, to analyse work completed against productivity assumptions.
- Document risks, and work closely with the team to mitigate them
- Monitor labour hours in the program to ensure accurate earned value reporting
- Ensure an accurate program status is communicated to the Planning & Controls Manager and other relevant stakeholders
- Proactively engage with the project team to ensure the program and resource requirements are understood
- Prepare weekly internal and client reports as required.
- Ensure that all significant program variances are highlighted in internal reports, with suggested corrective actions for recovery
You will have a Tertiary Qualification in Construction, Engineering or similar accompanied with at least 3 years of experience in the telecommunications and/or construction industries.
You will also possess:
- Comprehensive knowledge of planning and construction project controls principles and practices
- Astute skills in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to read and comprehend complex engineering design documents
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
Candidates who have a Defence or Defence Contracting background that carry a willingness to learn, but don’t necessarily meet all the experience requirements listed above, may be considered.
Working within this contract, you are required to be an Australian Citizen and must complete background checks (Medical, Police Clearance to be considered for this role).
What We Offer You
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and career growth, we have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more.
How to Apply
Click the apply now and you will be redirected to our careers page to register your details.
Position Reference Number: 151619